Saturday, January 27, 2024

Tasting - "Mauricio Lorca Malbec"

Name: Mauricio Lorca Malbec 2022

Variety: 100% Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2022

Price: $18.99

Winery review (from NakedWines.com): Mauricio's Malbec is an Angel-favorite masterpiece overflowing with rich, dark berry flavors and a sultry finish.

It's a modern smooth red.

Hello, horsepower. These rich reds are gunning with rich, ravishing and refined flavors... and practically bursting with sumptuous charm!

Wines that are rounded out with a smidge of oak age are standard here, like Zinfandel, Grenache and Tempranillo.

Wine Folly: from pp. 125-126 (Malbec) and 126 (Mendoza, AG): Wines are loved for their bold fruit flavors and smooth, chocolatey finish.

My review: This wine had a rich, woody taste. I didn't taste much specific fruit, but there was some tartness. As noted in the textbook, I felt the wine was mildly acidic and certainly on the dry side. However, I don't know that I could pick out the body of the wine especially well. I would have considered it a bit lighter in body, but that likely reflects my lack of understanding and feel for wine body. This wine was moderately enjoyable. It didn't have the sweetness that I enjoy, nor did it have particularly defined flavors to make up for this, which made it a little bland for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner - Spaghetti and Meatballs

  Sunday, Mar. 16, 2024 Yesterday, ten of my friends from our Campus Ministry, several of whom are taking this course with me, organized our...