Saturday, February 3, 2024

Tasting - "El Parador Navarra Rosado 2021"

Name: El Parador Navarra Rosado 2021

Variety: 100% Garnacha (Grenache)

Region: Navarra

Country: Spain

Year: 2021

Price: $15

Winery review (from Wine Cellar): El Parador Rosado is made from 100% Garnacha. This wine shows a vivid and bright strawberry color, intense aromas, clean and very fruity with Strawberry and Raspberry aromas. In the mouth, the wine is tasty, balanced and fresh.


Wine Folly: from pp. 117 (Grenache): Produces rich, flavorful red wines as well as deep, ruby-tinted rose. High intensity flavors include stewed strawberry, grilled plum, leather, dried herbs, blood orange.

My review: "High intensity" is not at all how I would describe these flavors. The smell was light and fruity, but not especially strong even with swirling and repeated sniffing. I could pick out some citrus perhaps indicative of the blood orange, and hints of strawberry, though I have no idea what "stewed strawberry" means. It made me think of a fruity dessert, perhaps a strawberry yogurt. The wine was dry but light; I am pleasantly surprised by the lightness after having tasted mainly intense reds till now. There was some bite that almost made me think the wine was carbonated very lightly. I did not have food with this wine, and to me it is one that holds up quite well on its own--no food needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner - Spaghetti and Meatballs

  Sunday, Mar. 16, 2024 Yesterday, ten of my friends from our Campus Ministry, several of whom are taking this course with me, organized our...